Cora is an online feminine product provider that allows women to manage many of their basic, ongoing menstrual needs virtually. It’s a company with a clear purpose: “giving all women access to safe and effective period products as well as valuable and trustworthy information to educate and empower.”
Cora executes its mission by giving free pads and health education to girls in need around the world. Many girls and women in developing nations and those below the poverty line in the U.S. miss school and work every month because they can’t afford menstrual supplies. Cora partners with organizations in Kenya, India, and the U.S. to provide these women with the products they need to live their daily lives. Part of each subscription purchase goes toward helping this cause.
Currently Cora offers a suite of products centered around period care. You can set up an ongoing subscription for tampons, pads or liners, or bundle them together. Cora also sells menstrual cups, body wash and wipes, and other feminine care items.
- Convenience – the whole period experience is managed online. No monthly trips to the store.
- Tampons are certified organic cotton.
- Ingredients are clearly labeled, which is not the industry standard.
- Versatile solutions –mix and match sizes and quantities.
- A portion of each purchase goes toward helping girls and women in need around the world.
- First order comes with a gift – a sleek black box and separate clutch to store and carry your products discreetly.
- Personal data is encrypted and never shared.
- 15% off your first order! Just use the code join15.
- Shipping costs vary.
- Pricing per tampon is slightly more expensive than comparable organic cotton tampons and pads.
- Cora does not accept insurance.
Overall, Cora is a fantastic option for women who want the convenience of managing their period care virtually, while making a small difference in the world.
Cora eliminates the need for women to drive to the store and buy menstrual supplies on a regular basis. And for women who want to know what’s in their tampons and pads, and how and where they’re made, while also contributing period supplies to girls and women in need, Cora is quite likely the best choice.
For women who prefer a less expensive, more mainstream period care option, Cora probably isn’t the right solution.
In our testing, signing up for a Cora subscription took just a few minutes and the first package arrived about one week later.
Manage your menstrual needs virtually with Cora. Discounts -- and doing a good deed -- make it even easier to give Cora a try!
Whether you’re looking for period products or maternity or self-care products, Cora offers excellent convenience, high quality, and the opportunity to help other women and girls across the world.
- Why you should trust us
- How Cora works
- Cora’s period care products
- Bladder care
- Self care
- Cora’s maternal care products
- Cora subscription services
- Is Cora for me?
- What criteria do we use to evaluate telemedicine or online healthcare services?
- HSA, FSA and health insurance
- Privacy considerations
Innerbody.com recently celebrated its 20-year anniversary. Over the past two decades, we have helped tens of millions of readers make more informed decisions about staying healthy and living healthier lifestyles.
This review, like all medical-related content on Innerbody, is thoroughly vetted by one or more members of our Medical Review Board for accuracy. Additionally, we extensively analyze each service we review. We evaluate the entire experience from signing up to receiving products in the mail and then offer unbiased, marketing-jargon-free analysis based on the latest scientific evidence and medical standards.
The purchasing experience is simple and straightforward. First, head over to the Cora website and select the primary product or product combo you’re interested in purchasing. For example, the tampon + pad combo. Once selected, you will:
- Choose the number of tampons and pads you’ll need per month, in increments of 6.
- Choose the “mix” you want. You can opt for all one style (lite, regular, super, super plus, overnight) or mix and match.
- Choose a payment cycle. Opt for yearly or every three months.
- Decide if you’d like to add on any additional, related products at a discounted rate.
- Proceed to checkout where you’ll create an account and enter billing and shipping information.
- Pay with credit card, Amazon Pay, or PayPal.
- Orders placed by 5pm will typically ship the following business day.
What types of products does Cora offer?
Cora currently addresses 5 different health care areas for women:
- Period Care
- Bladder Care
- Self Care
- Maternal Care
Cora offer a variety of approaches to menstrual care: applicator tampons, applicator-free tampons, period pads and menstrual cups.
Cora’s applicator tampons
These tampons come in a space-saving, compact design. The applicator expands lengthwise when you’re ready to use it. The tampon itself is designed to expand widthwise for maximum absorption. The woven cord serves as a final barrier for leak protection. Applicator tampon ingredients: GOTS certified organic cotton (tampon, string), water-resistant wax coating (string), BPA-free plastic (applicator).
Cora’s applicator-free tampons
An environmentally friendly, highly compact option, Cora’s applicator-free tampons are a comfortable, discreet choice for women comfortable with ditching the plastic applicator. Once you insert the tampon with your finger, you’ll experience the same high-quality leak protection the applicator tampons provide. Applicator-free tampon ingredients: GOTS certified organic cotton (tampon, string), water-resistant wax coating (string).
Cora’s period pads
These period pads are soft, comfortable and flexible to keep you dry even when you’re on the move. Choose from regular, overnight, or a combination. Period pad ingredients: Certified organic cotton (topsheet), chlorine-free processed wood pulp (absorbent core), super-absorbent polymer (absorbent core), polypropylene (leak-proof backsheet), non-toxic adhesive.
Cora’s menstrual cup
The most sustainable option in managing your menstruation is the Cora Cup. And right now, there’s a $5 discount available for your first Cora Cup – just use the code 5OFFCUP when you purchase. These cups, which last 10 years, are a reusable option that eliminates waste related to your period entirely. Easy to insert, you simply fold it in half, use your fingers to insert it like an applicator-free tampon, and spin 360 degrees. You can wear the menstrual cup for up to 12 hours at a time. While, in our experience, this style of feminine product does have a small learning curve, it’s a comfortable and effective solution once you’ve had a little practice. These cups come in two sizes, based on flow and whether or not you’ve delivered a baby vaginally. Size 1 holds 21 ml of liquid, while size 2 holds 28 ml of liquid. As a comparison, a regular tampon holds roughly 5 ml of liquid.
If you choose Cora’s menstrual cup, or already have one from another manufacturer, you’ll want to consider Cora’s pH-balanced Cup Cleanse. This blend of witch hazel, lemon extract and cucumber extract keeps your menstrual cup clean and soft, reduces the appearance of stains, and washes away bacteria.
Whether you contend with ongoing bladder leakage or only experience situational leaks – my fellow jogging moms will understand! – Cora bladder liners can keep you feeling dry. This certified organic cotton bladder liner is designed to capture leaks up front where they happen and also catch them at the source, toward the back. They’re sleek, soft, comfortable and discreet.
Ingredients: Certified organic cotton (topsheet), chlorine-free processed wood pulp (absorbent core), super-absorbent polymer (absorbent core), polypropylene (leak-proof backsheet), non toxic adhesive.
In addition to period supplies, Cora also offers a small suite of refreshing self care products.
- Cora’s One Wash is a pH-balanced cleanser that works for women’s entire bodies, including your most intimate areas. Composed of omega 3- and fatty acid-rich red raspberry, hydrating B-vitamins and a tri-oil blend of hemp, sunflower and shea, One Wash leaves skin moisturized and nourished.
- If you suffer from period cramps, Cora’s heat relief patch is a discreet, soothing solution that lasts for up to eight hours. This patch of herbal extracts and activated carbon adheres to your clothing or underwear and contours to fit your body, offering natural relief from even the most intense period pains.
- For those looking for a quick, moisturizing and hydrating cleanse, Cora offers three different types of Body Cloths. Choose from lavender, rosemary-eucalyptus, or rose-geranium and opt for individually wrapped cloths or a pouch of 30. Take these with you when you’re on the go and in need of a fast refresh.
After having a baby, even the smallest moments of self-care can be glorious. A few minutes of pampering can go a long way to soothe stretched and overworked body parts. Cora’s maternity care products are what you need.
- Cora’s Nipple Balm is a plant-based balm that heals cracked nipples and hydrates sensitive skin. Made with a proprietary blend of essential oils, including coconut oil, shea butter and marshmallow root, this nipple balm absorbs quickly and cleanly to help heal your overworked nipples.
- After having a baby, your nipples aren’t the only area that needs some extra love. Place Cora’s Soothing Sheets on your pad or liner to soothe your recovering vagina. This blend of witch hazel, aloe vera and chamomile reduces inflammation, redness and irritation and, when placed in the refrigerator before use, offers cooling relief.
- Cora’s Belly Butter works to soothe your belly before and after birth. This blend of cocoa seed butter, tamanu oil and rosehip seed oil creates a botanical-rich butter that supplements your skin’s natural oils. The balm quickly and cleanly absorbs into your skin and is NSF certified 70% organic.
- Get all three products together in the New Momma Bundle. A great option to treat yourself or as a baby shower gift.
If you like what Cora stands for and are looking to lend additional support to their cause, you can make a one-time t-shirt or necklace purchase.
- Cora’s 100% combed, ringspun cotton Powerful Tee makes the statement that women don’t need to be empowered because they are powerful already. This super-soft t-shirt is printed in California with water-based ink. With every purchase, Cora provides a 3-month supply of pads, plus health education, to a girl in need in a developing country.
- Cora’s tastefully tampon-shaped Fearless Necklace is designed to “show solidarity for the period equality movement and the interconnectedness of women.” Each purchase provides a whole year’s supply of pads, plus health education, to a girl in Kenya, so she can confidently manage her period.
Cora sells most products as a subscription. For example, tampon and pad purchases are set up as recurring multi-month or annual subscriptions based on the product-mix and frequency you select. And if you enter the coupon code freemonth917, you can get your first month free!
It’s convenient to have period products shipped to your door automatically and, since our periods arrive every month, a subscription is often preferable to a one-time purchase – you don’t have to run to the store each month. However, if you’re not good at managing subscriptions, you may want to order and then cancel or pause the service right away.
With Cora, you can cancel or pause your subscription anytime by logging into your account. In our testing, customer service was quick, friendly and helpful. You can fill out the online form and a representative will respond as soon as possible, or choose to live chat with an agent directly from the website.
Overall, Cora is a high-quality, trustworthy online period care provider for women. It allows you to manage your menstrual cycle with a variety of organic and sustainable options while also providing period care to a girl in need.
For busy women who want to avoid the time and hassle of constantly running to the store for tampons and pads, Cora is a significant improvement to the status quo. Cora sets up a subscription, so supplies arrive in your mailbox regularly. Once you’ve established the right frequency and combination, you don’t need to worry about your period products again.
If you know what you need and are looking for quality and convenience, we recommend Cora.
We customize our evaluation criteria depending on the type and nature of the health-related service. For most online services, we have five areas that we use for our evaluations, including:
Quality: Does the company offer high quality products made from safe ingredients?
Value: Are you getting your money’s worth? Are there any hidden costs or charges? Does the provider offer discounts or free services to our readers?
Customer Support: How well does the service interact with customers? How clearly are the products presented? Are representatives responsive to your questions and needs?
Privacy: Are all products sent in discreet packaging? Will your data be stored securely? Could your data ever be shared without your permission?
Speed: How fast will you receive your products from the moment you click “buy?”
Cora sells over-the-counter, period-care products, so insurance does not apply to these types of purchases.