Updated January 05, 2021
Notice of Right to Opt Out
If you are a resident of California, you can opt out of the “sale” of your “personal information” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), if you wish, as explained in this Notice of Right to Opt Out.
Although this type of information sharing enables us to provide rich, valuable content to you for free and to make sure we improve our service experience in ways that are important to you, such sharing may be considered a “sale” of your “personal information” under the CCPA. You have the right to opt out of that sale, if you wish. Below, we'll explain how you can control the information that is shared and important details about those choices.
Opt out of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to deepen our understanding of how our visitors use our website. This allows us to improve your experience. If you want to prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Turn off personalized ads
We may sometimes use Google Ads to show personalized ads. You can opt out of personalized ads by following the instructions here.
- The opt-outs described above are device- and browser-based and only for the website or mobile application from which you exercise your choices. Since the information being shared relates to your device ID and/or browser ID, you must opt out on each device and each browser where you want your choice to apply.
- If you try to opt out from a browser in private, incognito or a similar mode, you will be unable to exercise your rights.
- Opt-outs may be stored via cookies. Consequently, if you clear cookies, your opt-out will not be valid anymore and you must opt out again where you want to opt out.
- Innerbody Research neither maintains nor controls the opt-out mechanisms and settings described above and is not responsible for their operation.
- Your decision to make these choices would not prevent us from delivering contextual advertising; conducting cross-device tracking to serve you first-party ads directly; using information for non-targeted advertising purposes, such as attribution and analytics; or performing analytics in a way that does not constitute a “sale” under the CCPA.
- We may also still share some personal information with our partners (who will function as our service providers in such instance) to help us perform functions such as measuring ad effectiveness; controlling how many times you see an ad; determining ad performance; providing and securing ads; providing aggregate statistics and analytics; and/or reducing ad fraud.
- The above choices will not opt you out of the use of previously collected and shared information or all interest-based advertising. To learn more about interest-based advertising across sites and additional opt-out choices, please visit DAA WebChoices Browser Check, NAI’s Opt-Out of Internet-Based Advertising, and YourAdChoices by the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- If you opt out of the sale for purposes of the CCPA, but do not opt out of interest-based advertising more generally, you may continue to receive ads tailored to your interests, including based upon personal information not sold by us, sold to others at least 90 days before you opted out, or sold by other sources from which you have not opted out.
- These rights only apply to residents of California. This means, if we reasonably determine you are not a California resident, your selection may be reset.