Updated February 20, 2019
Innerbody’s mission is to provide objective, science-based advice to help you make more informed best DNA testing choices. We’re committed to bringing you authoritative, approachable, and actionable content that guides you toward the best possible outcomes for you and your family.
Innerbody receives funding from advertisements and partnerships, such as referral fee affiliate programs. The reality is that funding from our advertisers and affiliate partners allows us to purchase every new DNA test that comes to market and pay our top quality scientists and editors fairly. Be assured that we’re absolutely inflexible about our editorial autonomy. We never allow advertisers or partners to influence the content we create.
Here are the specific guidelines we follow about the types of advertising we accept:
- We choose the ads.
- We maintain sole discretion for determining the types of ads that will be accepted and displayed on Innerbody.com. We reserve the right to reject, cancel, or remove any ads at any time and for any reason. We will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any ad, along with an explanation. We also reserve the right to determine the appropriate placement of ads on Innerbody.com.
- We don’t endorse any products.
- Although products may appear on our site, under no circumstances shall our acceptance of any ad be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised, or for the company that manufactures, distributes, or promotes these product(s) or service(s).
- We will not accept certain types of ads.
- We will not accept any ad that is factually inaccurate and/or, in our opinion, in poor taste. Pharmaceutical advertising is only accepted for approved indication(s) as determined by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Advertised products must be in market and readily available. Innerbody Research will not permit, at any time, the placement of any ad for harmful, illegal or objectionable products or services. Ads must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or disability. Ads must not be related to alcohol, firearms, ammunition, fireworks, gambling, pornography, tobacco, or the simulation of news or an emergency. All ads must clearly identify the advertiser. Any ad that could be misconstrued as editorial content will be clearly labeled as an advertisement.
- We clearly distinguish ads from editorial content.
- We maintain a distinct separation between advertisements and editorial content. All ads on Innerbody.com are clearly and unambiguously identified-- usually with under the term “advertisement” or “ads.” Clicking on an ad will take the user to an advertiser's site.