If you struggle with low libido, you’re not alone. Studies estimate that 1 in 10 women live with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD). Even if you don’t have this condition, many other natural occurrences can lead to low libido, like menopause or perimenopause.
Female arousal pills aim to help women boost their sexual desire. Many of these products are supplements that include natural, healing ingredients. But, do they work? Read this guide to find out what’s in these pills, how much they cost, and how long it will take to see results.
For those of you in a hurry, here’s a quick summary of our findings.
Our 2022 recommendations for best instant female arousal pills
HerSolution is effective at helping many women achieve stronger libido, greater sexual arousal, and better orgasms.
Non-GMO and relying on natural ingredients, HerSolution may be your non-prescription solution for a better sex life. Several of its ingredients have been proven in clinical studies to help women achieve better sex.
Current Deals: Take 30% OFF a 1 month supply
There is a wide variety of female arousal pills on the market. It’s essential to know how these products compare with each other to decide which one is the best option for you. When evaluating these products, we considered several criteria to provide you with our top picks.
The cost of female arousal pills varies widely. You can purchase some supplements monthly, while others require a prescription and may be covered by insurance. Generally, female arousal supplements will cost you somewhere between $50-$60 per month. Bulk purchase savings allow you to purchase multiple months and save money per month.
The cost of prescription pills is dependent upon your insurance coverage. You can ask your general practitioner or take advantage of online consultations. Addyi, for example, offers a consultation with beyondMD to secure your prescription, which usually costs only around $15.
Most female arousal supplements include all-natural ingredients, many that you’ll recognize with a few surprises. These formulations generally include many active ingredients, each performing a specific role like improving circulation or increasing blood flow. There is usually one active ingredient for prescription pills – the FDA-approved drug created to treat the issue.
The amount of time it takes to see results varies from woman to woman. Because female arousal pills positively impact so many deficiencies in the body, it can be hard to gauge an average efficacy time. In general, most women see at least some changes after one month, with many seeing effects much sooner.
Most all-natural supplements are safe for anyone to take because they don’t include harsh ingredients. Prescription medications generally run the risk for more severe side effects and have more limitations on who can and can’t take the drug. Our top options here are generally very safe. Still, no matter what, it’s important to thoroughly read the information provided about these products and consult with your doctor before taking any female arousal pill.
Some female arousal pills require a prescription, while most herbal supplements can be purchased online or over the counter. You can only buy the female arousal pills discussed in this guide online.
Most female arousal pills are taken once a day, either in the morning or at night. The one exception in this guide is Vyleesi, a prescription injection that you use 45 minutes before sexual activity. Some people have trouble swallowing pills, while others hate needles. The good news is that there’s a good option for boosting libido and arousal for either group.
Your sexual health is your business. In our evaluation, we made sure to pick companies that kept your privacy as a priority. Our top picks protect your data through encryption and ship your products discreetly to keep your order confidential.
Overall, the goal of taking a female arousal pill is to improve your sex life. At varying times and for many reasons, women may notice that their libido has dropped, and their desire for sex is much lower than it used to be. Female arousal pills rectify these issues by supplying your body with vitamins, nutrients, and other ingredients it may be lacking.
Some female arousal pills are herbal supplements that include ingredients to improve circulation, digestion, stress, and other bodily and mental functions that might not seem directly related to sexual desire. But, the better you feel overall, the more your passion grows. And these improvements can lead to stronger orgasms, increased lubrication, enhanced sexual sensitivity, and an improved sex life overall.
Other female arousal aids are prescription pills and injections. These medications aim to treat HSDD, also known as Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder. This disorder involves a chemical imbalance in the brain that leads to a low sex drive that becomes distressing. HSDD affects many women, and these treatments help boost sexual appetite and satisfaction.
In addition to pills and injections, female arousal gels also help with sexual satisfaction. They add much-needed vaginal lubrication and enhance blood flow, leading to heightened sensitivity and increased pleasure.
- Affordable alternative to prescription medication
- Clinical studies back up the effectiveness of ingredients
- 100% natural ingredients that are clearly outlined
- Safe for most women when used as recommended
- 67-day money-back guarantee – return for a full refund
- Made by a well-known, long-standing company – Leading Edge Health
- Take 30% off a 1-month supply
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or taking long-term medication
- Best results seen in a few weeks to a few months
To learn more about HerSolution, see our full review.
HerSolution is a safe and effective female arousal supplement made by Leading Edge Health – a reputable company with a long history of producing high-quality supplements. HerSolution provides many benefits to women living with low libido and other sexual issues. Women who take HerSolution say that they experience:
- Increased vaginal lubrication
- More intense orgasms
- Heightened arousal and sexual pleasure
- Reduced menstrual and menopausal symptoms
But, how does HerSolution cause so many benefits? Its herbal ingredients address many deficiencies in the body that can lead to better sexual health and satisfaction. It raises estrogen and progesterone levels, improving libido and making you more sensitive to sexual sensations. HerSolution achieves this by:
- Balancing hormones
- Increasing blood flow
- Addressing nutritional deficits
- Improving energy level
- Reducing stress and anxiety
Cost and ordering
You can purchase HerSolution directly from Leading Edge Health. They offer a free gift of HerSolution Gel on any purchase above a 2-month supply. HerSolution Gel is a personal lubricant, and each tube retails for $59.95.
You’ll see more savings if you order multiple months at a time. Here is the price breakdown:
- 1-month supply: $69.95 ($48.97 with code INNERBODY30)
- 2-month supply: $139.90 ($76.94 with code INNERBODY45, includes one tube of HerSolution Gel)
- 3-month supply: $209.85 ($115.42 with code INNERBODY45, includes one tube of HerSolution Gel)
- 6-month supply: $419.70 ($188.86 with code INNERBODY55, includes one tube of HerSolution Gel)
Because it can take a few weeks to see results, HerSolution suggests trying the product for at least 60 days. If you’re not satisfied, you can take advantage of Leading Edge Health’s 67-day money-back guarantee. Return opened and unopened products within 67 days for a full refund.
Ingredients and safety
HerSolution includes all-natural ingredients, and many of them are probably familiar to you. Overall, the supplement is safe for most women. However, you should not take the supplement if you are pregnant or take daily medication long-term. Consult your doctor before starting any new supplement.
The active ingredients in HerSolution are:
- Tribulis terrestris – a leafy plant that increases libido, arousal, and sexual satisfaction
- Hops extract – simulates estrogen, balances hormones, increases libido, and relieves vaginal dryness
- Mucuna pruriens – increases dopamine, which activates sexual behavior and relieves stress
- Niacin – vitamin B3 improves blood flow and synthesizes sex hormones
- Ginkgo biloba – increases blood flow to the genitals, enhancing pleasure and orgasms
- Epimedium sagittatum – a.k.a. horny goat weed, improves circulation and mimics female sex hormones
- Cayenne pepper – relaxes muscles and improves circulation
Many HerSolution ingredients show enhancements to female arousal in clinical studies, setting it apart from a lot of competitors. For example, two clinical studies indicate that Tribulis terrestris improves sexual drive, excitement, and satisfaction without side effects and enhances sexual desire in two-thirds of participating women. In addition, a clinical study of hops extract shows that this ingredient – beneficial for relieving menopause symptoms and enhancing sexual desire – is generally safe and has no interactions with other drugs.
How long does it take to work?
This varies from woman to woman and is often influenced by current hormone levels. Those with low hormone levels may see results in as little as a week, while those with higher hormone levels may take several weeks.
We interviewed women taking the supplement and found the following results.
- After one month: Slight changes to energy level and arousal. Increase in positivity, relaxation, and mental alertness. Slightly quicker arousal, more vaginal lubrication, and somewhat better orgasms.
- After two months: Better sleep, reduced brain fog, quicker arousal, more stable moods. Increased satisfaction in bed with more satisfying orgasms.
- After three months: A feeling of increased sexuality, youthfulness, and vitality. Higher energy levels with increased responses to sexual gestures and more intense orgasms.
Leading Edge Health charges and ships your product discreetly. Your order arrives in a plain mailer with no identifying logo or details. Credit card charges show on your statement as leadingedgehealth.com or leminternet.com.
Best for help with menopause symptoms
- Helps with low libido and symptoms of menopause and perimenopause
- Formulation is all-natural and hormone-free
- Can intensify orgasms, reduce hot flashes, and improve vaginal moisture
- Some ingredients prove beneficial in clinical studies
- 67-day money-back guarantee (minus shipping costs)
- Free shipping on orders over $150
- If you are pregnant or taking blood thinners, consult your doctor
- Best results can take up to one month
- Not available in stores, online only
For complete details, read our full review of Provestra.
Provestra is designed to increase your sex drive and improve arousal. Hormone imbalances and nutrient deficiencies can keep your body from desiring sex and achieving sexual satisfaction. Provestra’s all-natural supplement corrects these issues without using synthetic hormones.
In addition to helping with arousal, Provestra also helps with symptoms of menopause and perimenopause, including:
- Vaginal dryness
- Hot flashes
- Sleep issues
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Memory problems
- Irritability and mood swings
- Night sweats
Cost and ordering
You can order Provestra from their website. Provestra offers free shipping on orders over $150 and bulk discounts, so you’ll see the most savings when you purchase several months at a time. Here is the price breakdown:
- 1-month package for $49.95
- 2-month package for $84.95 (saves $14.95)
- 3-month package for $119.95 (saves $29.90)
- 4-month package for $154.95 (saves $44.85)
- 5-month package for $189.95 (saves $59.80)
- 6-month package for $224.95 (saves $74.75)
Like HerSolution, Leading Edge Health offers a 67-day money-back guarantee for Provestra. Try the supplement for 60 days and return it for a refund minus shipping costs if you’re not satisfied.
Ingredients and safety
In general, Provestra is safe to take for most women. The only documented side effect is increased breast size, resulting from hormone balancing. Provestra isn’t recommended for pregnant women or women who take blood thinners. It’s always a good idea to consult with your doctor before starting any new supplement.
Provestra is all-natural and contains 21 active ingredients:
- L-arginine – increases blood flow and circulation
- Theobromine – a stimulant that widens blood vessels
- Indole-3-carbinol – reduces excess estrogen
- Ginseng – reduces hot flashes and night sweats
- Ginkgo biloba – increases blood flow for help with brain fog and memory
- Damiana leaf – increases muscle contractions and regulates hormones
- Black cohosh – relieves menstrual cramps and increases vaginal lubrication
- Red raspberry – simulates estrogen to decrease heavy periods and PMS symptoms
- Licorice root – an antioxidant that reduces stress and aids digestion
- Ginger root – improves circulation, digestion, and blood flow
- Valerian root – decreases anxiety and stress for better relaxation and sleep
- Kudzu – simulates estrogen to balance hormones
- Vitamin A – improves the immune system
- Vitamin C – strengthens the immune system and reduces hot flashes
- Vitamin E – supports reproductive health and hormonal balance
- B complex vitamins – increase circulation and blood flow
- Folic acid – boosts energy and fertility
- Biotin – stabilizes metabolism and builds healthy hair, skin, and nails
- Calcium carbonate – helps with muscle contraction, leading to stronger orgasms
- Iron – helps regulate your period, lower anxiety, and improve energy
- Zinc oxide – boosts the immune system and increases sexual pleasure
A review of clinical studies shows that L-arginine effectively treats women with sexual arousal issues. Clinical trials also show that Indole-3-carbinol helps control estrogen production, and ginseng can lessen night sweats and hot flashes.
How long does it take to work?
Factors like age and hormone levels determine how long it takes Provestra to work. Because of this, there’s no set amount of time that you’ll see results. Some women see results in as little as a week, while others take closer to a month to see substantial changes. The critical thing to remember is that Provestra is safe for most women, so if you don’t see results right away, you can continue to take the supplement until it works for you.
Your sexual health is a private matter. Payments through Leading Edge Health are SSL Secured, meaning that your credit card information and other personal details are protected through encryption. Your package ships discreetly in a plain mailer with no identifying information. You’ll see a charge from leadingedgehealth.com or www.leminternet.com on your bank statement.
Best gel alternative
- All-natural formulation made with aloe, shea, and cocoa butter
- Bulk purchase discounts with a free gift
- Water-based, non-sticky, ph-balanced formula
- Helps alleviate vaginal dryness and increase sexual pleasure
- Can be pricey for a tube of personal lubricant
While it isn’t a pill for low libido, HerSolution Gel can help with some of the physical issues associated with arousal. It is a personal lubricant for women to use to increase vaginal wetness and enhance sexual pleasure. HerSolution is a water-based formula that is hypoallergenic and non-sticky. It doesn’t contain artificial colors or fragrances and is made with all-natural ingredients.
The gel contains natural botanicals like olive squalene and menthol. The active ingredients include:
- L-arginine – helps dilate blood vessels and stimulate blood flow
- Aloe, shea, and cocoa butters – add to the silky, wet texture of the gel
To use HerSolution Gel, massage a small amount around the vulva, specifically near the clitoris, before or during sexual activity.
Each tube contains a 30-day supply. Leading Edge Health offers a bulk purchase discount, so the more tubes you buy, the more you save. If you buy a 3-month or 6-month supply, you also receive a free box of HerSolution pills. Here is the cost breakdown:
- 1 month: $59.95
- 2 months: $94.96 (save $24)
- 3 months: $129.96 (save $51 and get 1 free box of HerSolution pills)
- 6 months: $204.96 (save $156 and get 1 free box of HerSolution pills)
Leading Edge Health offers a 67-day money-back guarantee. Try HerSolution Gel for 60 days, and send it back for a full refund if you’re not happy with the product.
Best prescription pill
- Shown in clinical trials to improve arousal issues
- Convenient online consultation for a prescription
- See effects in as little as 4 weeks
- A long list of side effects, some that can be serious
- Can get expensive if you don’t have insurance
- Requires a prescription
Addyi – also known as “the little pink pill” – is an FDA-approved prescription pill to treat Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD). HSDD affects premenopausal women, and it involves low libido caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain.
HSDD isn’t caused by relationship issues, medication side effects, or other medical or mental health issues. Its main symptoms include:
- Decrease in sexual thoughts
- Lack of response to sexual stimuli
- Loss of interest in sex
- No desire to initiate sex
- Avoiding sexual situations
Cost and ordering
To receive a prescription, you’ll need to consult with a physician. You can visit the Addyi website and consult with a doctor online using beyondMD. Fill out a questionnaire about your current health and lifestyle, and a licensed provider reviews it. Appointments with beyondMD cost around $15.
If you prefer to order the prescription through a face-to-face appointment, you can contact Addyi for a list of prescribers. Pick up the prescription at a local pharmacy or have it shipped to your home for free.
The cost of the medication varies depending on insurance coverage. Some insurance plans offer Addyi for only $20/month. If you don’t have insurance, you’ll pay around $99/month. Addyi also allows payment bundles, offering 3 months of pills for the price of 2.
Ingredients and safety
The active ingredient in Addyi is the drug flibanserin, which is FDA-approved to treat HSDD. You take Addyi once daily at bedtime. Don’t take it with alcohol or any other supplements to avoid interactions. Women who have any liver problems should also avoid the medication.
You can experience some side effects, including:
- Sleep difficulties
- Dry mouth
- Low blood pressure
- Loss of consciousness
Addyi’s website includes a comprehensive overview of drug interactions, side effects, and potential risks. Review this information and bring up any conditions or medications that might be relevant to your use of Addyi during your doctor consultation.
How long does it take to work?
Addyi performed clinical trials to test its effectiveness. Women taking the medication experienced more sexually satisfying events per month than before starting it.
Efficacy rates vary – you may see results in as little as 4 weeks. If you don’t see any change after 8 weeks, you should stop taking Addyi.
Addyi does not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to third parties. It will only share your information if you give permission to do so. Addyi shares aggregated data about its customers, but this info is anonymized.
Best prescription injection
- There is no restriction on drinking alcohol while using Vyleesi
- Clinical trials show a positive impact on HSDD
- Convenient telehealth consultation and prescription shipping
- Financial assistance available for those without insurance
- A long list of possible side effects
- You must feel comfortable administering a self-injection
- Not for those with high blood pressure or cardiovascular disease
- You must obtain a prescription from a doctor
Vyleesi is an FDA-approved injectable prescription medication used to treat Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD) in premenopausal women. Vyleesi can be used as needed to improve arousal and sexual desire.
HSDD is characterized by low sexual desire no matter the situation, partner, or activity. It’s not caused by a medical or mental health issue, relationship problem, or drug use. Essentially, you know you have HSDD if your libido used to be acceptable to you, it’s recently taken a dip, and this lower libido causes you distress.
To take Vyleesi, use the autoinjector to give yourself an injection under the skin on your thighs or stomach about 45 minutes before you begin sexual activity. You shouldn’t use it more than once per day or more than 8 times per month.
Cost and ordering
You can obtain a Vyleesi prescription on their website by consulting with a doctor online. Using Prescribery, Vyleesi offers convenient consultations for around $15.
- Once you obtain the prescription, your doctor sends it to a specialty pharmacy like BioPlus or KnippeRx.
- The pharmacy contacts you to verify insurance or discuss your copay.
- Schedule the delivery of your prescription, which arrives via next-day or two-day shipping.
If you have insurance, the cost of Vyleesi may be covered. Check your plan to verify. If you don’t have insurance, Vyleesi offers financial assistance through an application on their website. You must be at least 18 years old and not insured by a government agency to be eligible for financial aid.
Ingredients and safety
The active ingredient in Vyleesi is bremelanotide, an FDA-approved drug to treat HSDD. Using the medicine does bring about the possibility of side effects, including:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Injection site reactions
- Blood pressure increase
- Heart rate decrease
- Darkening of the skin (face, gums, breast)
- Nasal congestion
Because Vyleesi alters your heart rate and blood pressure, it isn’t recommended for people with hypertension or cardiovascular issues. Vyleesi has an extensive website that goes through all potential medication issues. It’s essential to consult this site and bring up any possible complications with your doctor.
Does Vyleesi work?
Clinical trials were conducted on the efficacy of Vyleesi on 1,200 premenopausal women with HSDD. The participants used the drug 2-3 times per month over 6 months. Many participants reported increased sexual desire and reduced distress related to low libido. 80% of the women requested a one-year extension on using the medication because of their satisfaction.
Palatin – the company that makes Vyleesi – may collect personal information from you when you use the site. However, they won’t share this information with third parties. They may provide anonymized, aggregated data to third parties and affiliates, but this data does not include any personally identifiable details.
Over the past two decades, Innerbody Research has helped tens of millions of readers make more informed decisions about staying healthy and living healthier lifestyles.
Like all health-related content on this website, this guide is thoroughly vetted by one or more members of our Medical Review Board for accuracy. We extensively analyze each health-related service we review. Our testing team evaluates the entire customer experience, from signing up to using the product or service. We then offer unbiased, marketing-jargon-free analysis based on the latest scientific evidence and medical standards.