Though we all know that we should get all our essential vitamins and nutrients from our diets, it doesn’t always happen. Juggling a busy lifestyle and getting in your B-12 can be difficult. In the post-pandemic landscape, it can be even more challenging. With a massive market of millions of vitamin and nutrient supplements, how do you decide? And what if you want to target a specific issue?
Numerous supplement companies have sprung up targeting beauty and emotional wellness in the past decade, and it’s easy to see why. After all, our physical health and appearance are reflections of the nutrients we put in our bodies.
HUM Nutrition emerged on the beauty and wellness nutrition market almost a decade ago and has evolved into a prominent industry leader. With sleek marketing and a convenient subscription program, it offers specialized nutrition supplements to improve your skin, hair, body, mood, and immunity. But is HUM effective? We’ve thoroughly evaluated its products, along with its customer service, pricing, and convenience, and present our full breakdown below.
- All products are gluten-free, non-GMO, and sustainably sourced
- HUM bases its products and formulations on sound science, using the gold standard in clinical trials
- Available nutritionists are ready to chat and answer any questions
- Reasonable pricing – plus, you can save 15% when buying 3 products
- A three-month subscription saves you 25%
- Get $10 off your first order using code HUM10
- Cancellations can be confusing on the three-month plan
- You can’t make single purchases through the website (you must subscribe)
- You must order three products on the three-month plan to be eligible for discount
We found HUM Nutrition to be a reliable and recommendable option for your nutritional needs. Its formulas are thoroughly researched and backed with scientific evidence and efficacy. Unlike most companies, HUM’s online registered dieticians (RDs) will advise you based on your individual needs, which gives it an edge against its competitors. HUM provides high-quality ingredients, excellent customer service, and gluten-free, non-GMO products that can help you achieve your beauty and wellness goals.
HUM Nutrition offers convenient delivery of supplements formulated with the best scientific research available as guidance.
We appreciate HUM’s dedication to transparency when it comes to the clinical studies and scientific evidence that guide its approach to formulating the supplements. And you can save $10 on your first order.
Innerbody Research recently celebrated its 20-year anniversary online. Over the past two decades, we have helped tens of millions of readers make more informed decisions involving staying healthy and living healthier lifestyles.
We extensively test each health service we review. We try our best to give you, our readers, an unbiased exploration of at-home health services, free of marketing jargon or gimmicks. We evaluate the service based on our adherence to quality, the latest medical evidence and health standards, and a simple question: would we buy the product or service ourselves if it weren’t part of our job, and would we recommend it to family and friends?
Additionally this review of HUM Nutrition, like all health-related content on this website, was thoroughly vetted by one or more members of our Medical Review Board for accuracy.
HUM Nutrition is a beauty and wellness company that manufactures nutrition supplement blends focused on beauty concerns like hair, nail, and skin health as well as addressing physical and emotional wellness. HUM emphasizes the strong connection between micronutrients and the effects of lifestyle and diet on your appearance and happiness.
HUM Nutrition categorizes its products into five categories:
HUM also features personalized nutritionists on staff to advise and answer any questions you might have about your products, diet, or wellness goals. We’ve broken down the benefits of each product line in sections below.
Note: If you browse thoroughly enough, you’ll notice that the company lists several products in multiple categories.
HUM Nutrition works primarily as a subscription service, delivering supplies every one or three months, depending on your preference. The primary way to access HUM’s supplements is through its website. However, the company has recently partnered with Sephora, so if you’re interested in purchasing just one bottle to try out, you can also find them there.
HUM’s formulas help you meet your beauty and wellness goals by providing supplemental nutrients that specifically target problem areas or deficiencies. Top nutritionists and researchers developed HUM’s products with the best micronutrients to deliver healthier skin, hair, nails, and emotional health. We are impressed that HUM Nutrition thoroughly tests its products using double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled experiments. You can find studies on several of its products under the “Science” link on the website.
Most of HUM’s supplements are vegan, and all products are gluten-free, GMO-free, and sustainably sourced. All products are also manufactured in the United States (Southern California, to be specific) under strict quality standards.
HUM Nutrition encourages its customers to interact with their assigned nutritionist regarding changes in their diet, lifestyle, and wellbeing. This benefit from ordering through the HUM website sets the company apart from its competitors, providing real human feedback when you need it.
HUM Nutrition’s skin products focus on many different issues you may face with your skin, such as acne, aging, dryness, or elasticity. Among them:
- Skin Squad Pre+Probiotic nurtures the gut and clears the skin. This product is formulated for acne-prone skin and supports a clear and even complexion. With nine probiotic strains and prebiotic konjac root, it also balances the gut microbiome. $40 for a 30-day supply.
- Arctic Repair rejuvenates skin, reducing wrinkles and improving skin elasticity. This product develops skin hydration, elasticity, and density. It contains vitamin A and lingonberry seed oil, which is exclusive to HUM Nutrition and includes a balanced ratio of healthy fats to improve your skin’s overall appearance. $60 for a 30-day supply.
- Runway Ready is excellent for glowing skin, shiny hair, and healthy nails. This product is rich in antioxidants to keep skin and hair healthy. It contains vitamin E, omega-3, omega-6, antioxidants, and biotin. $35 for a 30-day supply.
- Daily Cleanse helps cleanse your skin and body. This product aids digestion and eliminates toxins that can cause breakouts, improving skin clarity. It contains 14 detoxifiers, including spirulina and chlorella, which are blue-green algae that remove heavy metals that can damage the skin. $25 for a 30-day supply.
- OMG! Omega the Great supports even skin tone and a healthy heart, brain, and body. This product brightens and evens the skin tone and provides omega-3 fatty acids for skin healing benefits. It contains ultra-pure fish oil yet our testers experienced no fishy aftertaste. $30 for a 30-day supply.
- Turn Back Time age-defying skin cell protection helps control UV damage, fights free radicals, and supports healthy skin. It contains turmeric and polypodium leucotomos. Extracts of the tropical fern polypodium leucotomos have proven to protect the skin from harmful skin effects caused by sunlight exposure. $40 for a 30-day supply.
- Red Carpet promotes glowing skin and shiny hair. This product nourishes the skin and hair follicles. It contains a good source of plant-based fatty acids such as black currant seed oil, which has proven to keep skin and hair healthy. It also contains ALA, GLA, vitamin E, and antioxidants. $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Collagen Love supports skin elasticity and firmness. This product minimizes the appearance of fine lines and visibly helps with signs of aging. It contains collagen peptides, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C. $40 for a 30-day supply.
- Raw Beauty helps boost energy and metabolism and promotes radiant skin. This natural mint chocolate chip flavored detox powder acts as a healthy alternative for an afternoon sweet craving. It contains 30-plus superfoods for healthy skin and overall energy. It also includes antioxidants, adaptogens, enzymes, probiotics, and a fruit and vegetable blend. It comes in vanilla and berry flavors as well. $39 for 30 servings.
- Wing Man supports liver detox and aids in digestion. HUM formulated this product to help the liver flush out toxins. It contains silymarin (milk thistle), dandelion root, artichoke leaf, and a load of powerful antioxidants. $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Glow Sweet Glow is a vegan gummy for skin hydration. These gummies lock moisture into your skin, boosting hydration while stimulating collagen production. They contain hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Mighty Night overnight cell renewal for skin and body helps skin cell turnover, improves tone and texture overnight, and promotes optimal sleep. It contains ceramides, CoQ10, ferulic acid, and valerian. $40 for a 30-day supply.
- Collagen Pop promotes firm and hydrated skin. This product locks in skin moisture, improving skin elasticity and boosting collagen levels. It contains marine collagen and vitamin C. $30 for a 30-day supply.
HUM Nutrition offers a few products specifically aimed at helping you grow healthier, stronger hair and nails. They include the following:
- Hair Sweet Hair is a vegan gummy for stronger, healthier hair. These gummies support hair growth, maintain hair follicles’ health, and help keep a healthy color. They contain Fo-Ti (a Chinese herb), zinc, PABA, biotin, and water-soluble vitamin B. $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Killer Nails supports longer, stronger nails and hair. This product contains high-potency biotin to improve nail thickness and reduce brittle nail splitting and breaking. $10 for a 30-day supply.
HUM Nutrition’s body line focuses on digestion, sexual health, and weight management. It includes the following:
- Flatter Me supports healthy digestion and a flatter stomach. This formula’s digestive enzyme blend helps break down proteins, carbs, fiber, lactose, and fats, along with preventing bloating. Flatter Me contains 18 full-spectrum enzymes, ginger, fennel, and peppermint. $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Private Party supports vaginal and urinary tract health. This product promotes a healthy vaginal pH and microbiome, maintaining yeast balance with 10 billion organisms and 36 mg of cranberry PACs (an amount of PACs shown in clinical studies to be effective at reducing the rate of recurring UTIs). $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Counter Cravings helps reduce cravings and boost mood. Containing forskolin, seaweed extract, chromium, and L-theanine, it supports healthy weight management and balances blood sugar levels. $50 for a 30-day supply.
- Uber Energy supports natural energy through adrenal strength. This product helps to reduce fatigue, increase productivity, balance stress hormones, and relieve tension. It contains L-Tyrosine, vitamins B5 and B6, and adaptogens, which boost energy levels throughout the day. $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Skinny Bird weight loss program helps curb appetite, balance blood sugar levels, and control stress eating. It contains caralluma, 5-HTP, and chromium. $40 for a 30-day supply.
- Ripped Rooster helps burn fat. This product is a thermogenic fat burner and supports balanced blood sugar levels. It contains chromium, green tea, and 7-Keto, which work together to optimize exercise and diet. $40 for a 30-day supply.
- Pimp My Calcium provides healthy maintenance for your bones and teeth while also playing a role in maintaining a healthy weight. It contains high-absorption calcium and vitamin D-3. $15 for a 30-day supply.
- Base Control essential daily nutrients contain 22 micronutrients. It complements any diet and fills nutritional gaps, making it essentially a daily multivitamin. It also comes in an Iron-Free version for menopausal or post-menopausal women. $10 for a 30-day supply.
- B12 Turbo Energy provides support for vegan diets. The purpose of this product is to boost energy levels and support the nervous system. It contains vitamin B12, which plays an essential role in red blood cell formation. $10 for a 30-day supply.
HUM’s products for mood aim to help you cope with stress and hormonal fluctuations and focus on emotional wellbeing. Among them:
- Big Chill helps your mind and body cope with stress. This product enhances your ability to stay calm and focused. It contains adaptogens to help balance the adrenals and is clinically proven to help the body manage stress. $20 for a 30-day supply.
- Beauty zzZz helps promote naturally restful sleep. This product reduces the amount of time it takes to fall asleep while boosting daytime alertness. Containing melatonin and vitamin B6, it helps adjust your internal body clock and promotes a deeper beauty sleep. $10 for a 30-day supply.
- Moody Bird helps with symptoms associated with PMS. This product provides support with cramps, cravings, and irritability. It promotes clear skin and controls breakouts by maintaining a healthy hormonal balance. It contains Dong Quai and chaste berry. $25 for a 30-day supply.
HUM’s immunity products serve as a line of defense against illness and promote bone, gut, and lung health. They include:
- Gut Instinct, a powerful probiotic that balances your digestion. It contains ten acid-resistant probiotic strains to nurture the gut for overall health and wellbeing. $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Here Comes the Sun, which supports the immune system and mood. This product contains a high-potency, plant-based vitamin D-3. It also helps with calcium absorption. $12 for a 30-day supply.
- Air Patrol, which supports skin and lungs with vitamin C ester and bioflavonoids. This product boosts the innate and adaptive immune system by fighting free radicals with antioxidants. $10 for a 30-day supply.
Setting up a subscription with HUM Nutrition is intuitive and straightforward on its website:
Click the “Get Started” link on the main page. You will now fill out HUM’s three-minute questionnaire regarding your skin, hair, and nail goals, your lifestyle, and your eating habits.
Review your Nutrition Report and Initial Recommendations. Upon completing the quiz and entering your email address, your HUM nutritionist offers three recommendations for products based on your results. Additionally, you’ll receive a full report that provides advice on your eating and lifestyle habits. This report breaks down the things you are already doing well, things to watch out for, and areas of concern. It also includes an email address to contact your personalized nutrition coach if you have any questions or concerns.
Make your selections and pick a plan. HUM offers one-month or three-month subscriptions. If you choose the three-month option, you are eligible for 25% off each installment. You must order three products for this discount. HUM will bill you and deliver your products at the requested intervals.
Checkout. HUM accepts all major credit cards. Shipping is free for orders of $50 or more. HUM charges a $5.95 shipping and handling fee for orders under $50 in the U.S. For all international orders, there is a flat $10.95 shipping fee.
Await your package. Shipping within the U.S. usually takes 4-8 business days but can take several weeks for overseas shipping.
Enjoy your products. If you have any questions or concerns about your selections or your beauty and wellness goals, feel free to contact your personal HUM nutritionist for follow-up advice.
HUM does state that even if you opt-out, the site may still collect and use non-personal information regarding your activities on the site.
At Innerbody Research, we customize our evaluation criteria depending on the type and nature of the health-related service. For HUM Nutrition and other health services and products, we have five areas that we use for our evaluations, including:
Quality: How well does the company deliver its core service(s) to the customer? For testing services, does the company adhere to the latest and most advanced testing technologies and achieve a very high degree of accuracy? For non-testing telehealth services, is the quality of the service high enough that we would recommend it to loved ones without hesitation? If not, why not?
User-friendly: How intuitive and user-friendly is the service? Does the device, program, app, or website achieve a good degree of user-friendliness for its customers?
Value: Are you getting your money’s worth? Are there any hidden costs or charges? Does the company offer discounts?
Privacy: If health data is stored, will your data be stored securely? Are payments secure?
Customer support: Particularly in situations where ‘one size fits all’ doesn’t make sense, how well does the company help to make the service ideal for you?